Hue was once the capital of Vietnam and is now listed as a World Heritage Site. Sitting on the banks of the delightful Perfume River, the Complex of Hue Monuments is what remains of the fully defended feudal capital after the ravages of war and decay have taken their toll.
Many of the sites can be reached from the Perfume River, making it perfect for a boat trip. This one day adventure in Hue will uncover a rich tapestry of history and culture
Duration: 1 day
Meals: 1 lunch included
Service: Group Tour
Morning: Dong Ba Market – Thien Mu Pagoda
- You will be collected from your hotel at 08:00 am and taken to Dong Ba Market where you can get a feel for the traditional culture and way of life in Hue.
- Next, you will take a boat ride down the picturesque Perfume River.
(If you are traveling in autumn, you may have the added bonus of experiencing the fragrant aroma of the fallen orchid flowers which drifts up from the water).
- At Thien Mu Pagoda you will disembark the boat and explore the pagoda and peaceful gardens. After soaking up the tranquil ambiance of Thien Mu Pagoda, you will continue on to the Imperial Citadel, home of Vietnam’s last royal dynasty – the Nguyen Dynasty.
- The last stop for the morning will be The Hue Royal Antiques Museum which houses a fascinating collection of ornaments from the Nguyen dynasty.
Afternoon: Khai Dinh’s Tomb – Minh Mang’s Tomb
- You will stop for lunch at a local restaurant where you can sample some tasty traditional Hue cuisine.
- After lunch, you will visit the tomb of King Khai Dinh which showcases flamboyant designs taking inspiration from both Western and Eastern architecture.
- Next, you will visit the tomb of King Minh Mang whose design is known for its beautiful setting and traditional design which focusses heavily on symmetry.
- The last stop on this tour will be the conical hat village where you can uncover the skilled craft of making an iconic part of Vietnamese culture, the conical hat.
- After a day of discovering the rich culture and history of Hue, you will be taken back to your hotel in Hue City.